(Meet the other Contestants here)
Full name: Benjamin V Scott (tbc)
Hometown: Lubbock, Texas
Occupation: Exec./Sales rep. in marketing & advertising with bars and nightclubs throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Education: Lubbock High School (2003), Texas Tech University (2007) where he was a member of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and of the intramural football team.
Tattoos: Yes, left side of the rib cage
What I know so far:
- – Dated Erica Larson, contestant on NBC’s “Ready for Love.”.
– Three All-Time Favorite Movies: Tommy Boy, Avatar, Transformers
– Favorite Magazine: Men’s Fitness
– Prefer to dress up or stay casual: enjoys both but loves to dress nice
– He is a single father to Brody, 4 years old. He has a wonderful friendship with Brody’s mother, as they are both equally involved in raising their son.
– He has 1 brother (a chiropractor who lives in Dallas-Fort Worth area) who is married and has a young boy, and 1 sister who is younger than him. Plus a whole lot of cousins. Family is very important to him.
– Ben spends his time split between his son, his work and his family and friends.
– I have seen him described as: “great sense of humor and very personable”, “far from shy”, “party-starter”, “not cocky, just confident vibe about him”, “nice southern gentleman”, “very open to the experience” & “a big kid”
Recent interview in his homestate of Texas:
Ben did a teleconference last week – full transcript here!
Ben did a press conference, here is one of many articles coming out of it.
Meeting up with Mike R post-filming:
Check out People.com for a Sneak peek of Brody & Ben meeting Des.
From his Official ABC.com bio:
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
Getting turned down by a girl in the 7th grade. (Pathetic I know!)
What are your worst 3 attributes?
Short attention span, sometimes a bad listener, bad at keeping in touch with friends
Describe your idea of the ultimate date.
I love doing fun activities, extreme or even kid things like laser tag, and then having time to hang out and get to know each other.
If you could live in any other time period, what would it be?
What is your ideal mate’s personality like?
Fun, outgoing, sociable, family oriented, willing to try new things.
Do you prefer a woman who wants to be pursued or a woman who persues you, and why?
I want a woman who is independent but will show when she is interested in a man.
Excerpts from his ABC questionnaire: