Juan Pablo Galavis
On August 5th 2013 (his 32nd birthday!) at the end of Desiree’s live “After the Final Rose” show, our new Bachelor was announced! Here he is minutes before coming on stage, and minutes after!
Scroll down for info and the latest pics!
- Age: 32 (Aug 5, 1981)
Height: 5′ 11″
Occupation: Ex Professional Soccer Player. Sports & Music Consultant (He promotes latin and hip hop musicians) . Also modelling and TV presenting.
Education: Roberts Wesleyan College
Hometown: Born in the USA / Raised in Venezuela.
Twitter & Instagram: JuanPaGalavis
Soccer pages: ESPN and USL.
YouTube: Full Page
What I know so far:
- - Favorite Childhood Memory: Winning a youth soccer tournament
- Hot-Spot Club or Low-Key Bar: Hot spot, because that’s where they play the danceable music.
- Favorite Book: Don’t read
- His nickname is Juanpa.
- He has a daughter called Camila, who is 4. He has a very good relationship with Camila’s mum, Carla – they have been separated 3 years, but remain good friends and co-parents.
- Ha has a sister (Anna, a singer who lives in Venezuela and is married to a pro soccer player) and a brother (Rodrigo). His dad is Saul and his mum Nelly.
- Model pics from Amanda Julca.
- He played professionally for 7 years, his best memories with Caracas FC.
- Juan Pa works as a representative for the baseball museum of Venezuela, a non-profit.
- He has a Business Administration degree. After he graduated in 2002, he decided to play professional soccer for 7 years.
It has been too long, I know and I am sorry! JuanPa is only hours from starting his “love journey” and hopefully set eyes on his future wife! I promise to stay on the ball and share any pics I can get during filming. Look out for upcoming galleries for the 25 ladies about to step out of the limo to meet him. I will work on these soon.
Meeting Bachelor nation cuties during ATFR just after being revealed as the next Bachelor on Live TV!
With Bachelorette pal Zak W:
More pics from last week:
First video interview? Chatting with Access Hollywood just before starting filming:
From his Official ABC.com bio:
- Would you describe yourself more as “the party-starter,” “the wingman” or “the laid-back one”?
The laid-back one, but with great music, the all-night dancer.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
As one of the most respected agents in sports and music.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
To read people’s minds, know what they think and why they think that way, so I can understand them better.
Describe your idea of the ultimate date.
Having a special lunch with the love of my life on a tepui (a mountainous plateau) in Canaima [National Park in Venezuela]. Flying on a helicopter around the jungle and stopping to eat on top of a tepui.
Meatloaf said he would “do anything for love, but he won’t do that.” What will you not do?
(Answer left blank.)
Excerpts from his ABC questionnaire (click to enlarge!):
Video he made for his daughter, showing him and her mother in the time up to her birth: