(Meet the other Contestants here)
Full name: Lawrence R. Burchett IV
Occupation: ER Doc! (aka Emergency Physician at Sonoma Valley Hospital)
Education: Bachelor of Science (BS), Pre-Med at the University of Notre Dame (also studied Philosophy & Theology), Medical school at the University of Kansas 2006.
Hometown: Berkeley, CA. Born and raised in the burbs of Kansas City.
Other sites: Contra Costa (Just scroll down until you the section for SECOND YEAR.)
What I know so far:
- – Phobias: Buried alive or drowning
– Favorite Actor: Tom Hanks
– In his own words: “I always wanted to be a doctor. Powerful experiences of poverty and injustice in Latin America and my very own inner city KC realigned my career goals; I now dream of spending years as a vagabond doctor in Latin America, Africa and beyond, and then returning to work in the domestic inner city jungle. I’m an investor, mainly in real estate. I live in Berkeley and I love running around in the city. I like dancing (swing, salsa, tango, and whiteboy freestyle), poker, martial arts and Notre Dame college football”
– Larry has a child, who lives in LA with the mother.
From his Official ABC.com bio:
- What do you hope to get out of participating in this television show?
A wild ride. Fun. Maybe a lady friend. To meet Chris Harrison.
What was your college experience like?
Awesome. Dorm president. International travel. Football team was lame, though. Great friends. Matured into adult, deepened faith, discovered passion.
What are your three worst attributes?
3. Poor communicator
If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be and why?
Bill Clinton — talk about changing the world and ladies.
What’s your worst date memory?
Date grabbed me in inappropriate place in front of boss. Sent her home in cab.
Excerpts from his ABC questionnaire (click to enlarge!):