(Meet the other Contestants here)
- Age: 26
Occupation: First grade school teacher at EP Rayzor Elementary in Argyle, Tx.
Hometown: Denton, Texas.
Education: Graduated high school in 2005, and the University of North Texas in Denton in 2009.
What I know so far:
- – Ashley was born in Honolulu and then lived in New York, Oklahoma and El Paso before settling in Texas, all before she reached second grade.
– She competed in Miss Texas USA 2010 as the representative for Denton County.
– On top of teaching her kids, Ashley works as a 1st grade trainer for the Denton district, teaching teachers how to teach math and representing her grade in setting curriculum for new teachers.
– In 2010, she did the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure, and she also works with Smile Train, helping raise money for kids with cleft palates.
– In 2012, she was nominated for the Texas Outstanding Early-Career Teaching Award.
– On her limo exit on night 1, Ashley gave Juan Pablo a gold star.
– She has a dog named Boston.
– She loves to travel and visited Ireland last year!
– Tattoos: One
– Top 3 All-Time Favorite Movies: Moonrise Kingdom, Beauty and the Beast, The Breakfast Club
– Favorite Author: Dr. Seuss
– Favorite Sports: Football, basketball, baseball
– Scroll to the end of the post for more info from her ABC bio.
Photos from the first episode thanks to After The Rose:
From her official ABC.com bio:
- If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you bring with you and why?
My soulmate, a machine that turns salt water into drinking water, and an unlimited amount of flint. All I would need…my love, water, and the ability to make fire to cook.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving, I love Fall and it just kicks off the holiday season! Plus, I really enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks! Sweater dresses, scarves, leggings, boots… Fall fashion!!
Do you enjoy camping?
Depends on the definition of camping. Yes, I can camp 2-4 days max! That’s why girls have dry shampoo!
Do you like to dress up or do you prefer casual attire as a rule?
Oscar Wilde puts this perfectly: “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” So, I like to dress up, especially for my man, but don’t get me wrong, I can rock a pair of jeans and a t-shirt like a pro!
I love it when my date:
Makes me feel like I’m the only woman in the world and no one else has ever made him feel the way I make him feel.