(Meet the other Contestants here)
- Age: 29
Occupation: Soprano opera singer (see her in action in video below!)
Hometown: Originally from Ottawa in Canada but currently shares her time between Germany and the US (she will be joining the prestigious Metropolitan Opera cast this season!).
Education: She graduated from Mannes College of Music in New York in 2009 with a Masters degree in Vocal Performance.
Instagram: @Sharleenjoynt (Private)
Facebook: Sharleen Joynt
Other Sites: her Website, SharleenJoynt.com
What I know so far:
- - Sharleen has been nominated for the prestigious 2013 DER FAUST Award, awarded by the German Stage Association, for her performance in Dionysos.
- She is a real mix: her Mom is Chinese and her Dad’s a mix of Irish, French, English and Aboriginal.
- Tattoos: None
- City or Country Person? City
- All-Time Favorite Movies: The Royal Tenenbaums, Spirited Away, Match Point
- Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
- Scroll to the end of the post for more info from her ABC bio.
In her most recent role as Marie in “la Fille du Régiment” and Adele in “Die Fledermaus” at the Badisches Staatstheater in Karlsruhe (Germany):
Sharleen in “Ariadne on Naxos”:
(Photos by Andrea Joynt)
Photos from the first episode thanks to After The Rose:
From her official ABC.com bio:
Who do you admire most in the world and why?
My mother — I’ve come to really admire her more and more as I’ve traveled and lived in other countries. She moved to Canada from Taiwan for her graduate degree and had to assimiliate in a very different culture in a very different language. She’s protective, loyal, and the Queen of Tough Love.
What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
Honestly, probably going to The Bachelor casting. I’m not a big risk-taker and have made most major decisions calculatedly and with my career in mind.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
Every time an audience applauds and I’m not happy with how I did. I can’t help but squirm from feeling undeserving.
Describe your idea of the ultimate date.
I love conversation and food, so as long as it’s quiet enough to hear each other and the food is excellent…
If you wanted to really impress a man, what would you do and why?
Listen. People don’t do it enough.