(Meet the other Contestants here)
Age: 30 – Eric sadly past on the 2rd of April 2014. RIP.
Please read this article by his sister.
Full name: Eric Jonathan Hill
Occupation: World wanderer and documentary maker
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Ut. Originally from Citrus Heights, CA.
Website: Go With Eric
YouTube Channel: Go With Eric
- – Eric passed away in hospital surrounded by his entire family on the morning on April 23rd, after a paragliding accident at Point of the Mountain in Draper, UT. on Easter Sunday. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
– Graduated from BYU in 2005 with a B.S. in Human Biology.
– Was filming a documentary, “The Global Odyssey,” where he was trying to break the world record for visiting all 195 U.N. recognized countries by 2016. Up until the start of the filming of the Bachelorette, he had been to over 50, among which France, Papua New Guinea, Kenya, Maui, Italy, Finland, Sudan, Burndi, Egypt, Guatemala, Somalia…
– His father David is (among other things) a professor at Folsom Lake College, his mum Dana operates a “blinds cleaning business”, Dana’s Shine A Blind.
– He has 3 brothers (Brett is 22 and engaged, Brian is 29 and married, Scott is 36 and married) and 1 sister Karen who is 34.
– He was raised in the LDS (Mormon) faith.
– Check out his ABC.com bio for more!
His friends remember him:
A visual tribute from friend and past season contestant Brooks:
FROM ERIC’s MOM:
“Thank you for all the love and support you have shown our family. Many of you have asked how you can help. The best gift you can give our family right now is to let our son touch your life through the stories and pictures he’s left behind. Please take a moment to explore the many wonders Eric left for us to discover. #LIVElikeERIC”
He is big into high energy sports:
Loves kids, from home (below with his nieces) or around the world: