(Meet the other Contestants here)
- Full name: Kelsey Lyn Poe
Hometown: Austin, TX (Originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Occupation: Writer and Guidance Counselor (Premier High School in Austin)
Education: Masters degree from UT Austin in 2013.
Instagram: kelseypoewriter (Private)
Facebook: Kelsey Poe
Blog: Kelsey Poe
What I know so far:
- – She married musician and singer Sanderson in 2009, he sadly passed away suddenly in 2013.
– According to her official FB Profile, she “practices yoga in the morning, shoots at the gun range in the afternoon”
– Check this article about her.
Celebrating Valentine’s day in Paris where she now lives:
With friends and family:
Throwback with her grandparents:
Night 1 previews- Meeting Chris then chatting with him during the premiere:
According to Chris Harrison:
- “I’m a little biased because she’s from Austin and I love Texas,but Kelsey [who works as a guidance counselor] also has a pretty amazing story. She was married and lost her husband when he passed away suddenly of heart failure,’ Chris revealed. ‘She met him when she was 19 and got married at 23. The loss sent her reeling and blew her life up, but she feels like she is finally ready to try again.”
Check out her Official FB page for more pics!
– From her ABC bio:
- Can’t live without: Hope, love, optimism, creativity, chapstick
Biggest date fear: Diarrhea
If I never had to experience the death of a loved one, I would be very happy.
If I never got to be challenged, I would be very sad.
Who do you admire most in the world? My grandma Helen because she is full of grace, wisdom, style, and strength.
If you could be someone else for just one day, who would you be? I’d be my future spouse so I could truly know the person and his experience in life. Then when I ask, “Honey, how was your day?” I’d have a better idea.
Top 3 all-time favorite movies? Good Will Hunting, What About Bob?, and Mean Girls. They’re great to psychoanalyze.
Describe your idea of the ultimate date: Something neither of us has done — outdoors, active, and in a new environment.